The DB volume is about 2 bln records, 1800 tables with 5400 indexes.
Restore's hung is happening while "gbak.exe -r -user SYSDBA -pass masterkey
-p..." executing if the key (-o "restore one table at a time") is not used.
We made a number of tries and found out that restore's hung is not depends
- Firefird's architecture
- Database page size
- Windows architecture (x64, x86)
- Protocol (INET, XNET, service_mgr)
For same bug's playback you should act according to following sequence:
1. Decompressing db_hang.7z.
2. Execute script from file db_script.sql (execute time* ~16h, final
database size ~600 Gb, 7575522329 records)
3. Run Backup database "gbak -b..." (execute time* 6h, size fbk ~400 Gb)
4. Run Restore "gbak -r..." without key -o "restore one table at a time".
In our case the hung took place on 330 Gb file for "TEMP_TBL_1087"-table
(gbak: 176110000 records restored), after about 3 hours* of Restore's
* The executing time is specified for my hardware