This bug is the exact same bug description found on http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-3533
but now on Linux.
Memory is *only* freed when all users disconnect. To reproduce it, just follow the simple procedure below:
- Open an ISQL session or an instance of any application using FB. (This session will be the last one to be closed)
- Try working with others instances of the same application or open several ISQL sessions using the same DB. Make some heavy operations.
- Keep checking the memory every time. (use 'top' command or 'ps axl | grep fbserver')
- Close all instances, except the first one.
- Check the memory. It is *not* released as it should.
- Now close that ISQL session you opened in the beginning.
- Check the memory. Now it is all there, given back to the system.
I can supply additional information and made additional tests if needed.