1. downlaod package Firebird-18.104.22.1686-Beta1.i686
2. unpacking tar (directory /opt/firebird)
The start of sudo ./install.sh ends after "Press Enter to start installation" with
"Please install required library 'libtommath' before firebird, after it repeat firebird install"
After search in found the issue
and other pages
Steps to solve :
1. Installed libtommath (sudo apt-get -y install libtommath1)
Checked logs -> no error, (but amd64-Version?)
2. made two new simlink to libtommath.so.1.0.1
(one as /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtommath.so.0
and one as /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtommath.so.1)
3. tried to start installation firebird -> aborted with same error
4. added new simlink to libtommath.so.1.0.1 into installation directory
5. tried to start installation firebird -> aborted with same error
As far as i see, these are all options i have.
Others told, they are able to run the installation after the simlink's . In my case, the error is still pending.
(I never get to the point where i can set a password.)