- Install InterBase ODBC driver
- Install Firebird Client Only
- Create an ODBC DataSource to the attached UTF8 character set Firebird database file using 32 Bit the "ODBC Data Source Adminstrator" tool.
- Start Microsoft Access 2003 or 2010
- Create a blank new access database
- Click on "External Data" tab and select "More" dropdown, "ODBC Database"
- In the wizard, select "Machine Data Source" (or User Data Source - depends on config) tab, and pick your ODBC data source
- Select any table (I selected TLATIN2) from the list of tables presented, and press OK
You are presented with an "Microsoft Office Access" error, and the data is not imported:
"Reserved error (-7748); there is no message for this error."